Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hep A vaccine - very sore red leg, 16 months old

(5 Posts)
farfallarocks Thu 20-Feb-14 11:02:21

Has anyone's child had a very red sore leg after this vaccine?
I have taken her back to the GP who recommended nurofen and an ice pack (quite hard to administer on a wriggly active 15 month old!) She said it should go down by the morning but this morning its about 20% bigger, red and very hot to the touch.

Not sure whether I am being paranoid or if its some sort of infection that needs looking at?

bumbleymummy Thu 20-Feb-14 20:10:27

I would definitely take her back. Sometimes doctors try to play down vaccine reactions but some people do react badly to them and reactions should be taken seriously. You can report the reaction yourself here using the yellow card scheme.

CatherinaJTV Fri 21-Feb-14 21:35:07

I agree with Bumbley - take her in to be seen. Hope it is better soon!

farfallarocks Wed 19-Mar-14 21:16:49

So the docs dismissed it entirely
I took her to see a private Paed who diagnosed a serious infection and temperature!
A week of antibiotics and she was fine
Apparently the 3 rd child she had seen that week and due to the fact they have stopped swabbing the area
Madness
Ask for gloves and disinfection before any vaccine I certainly will be

CatherinaJTV Thu 20-Mar-14 11:05:55

yikes! Thank you for the update - see that it is reported, please. Glad all is well now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now