Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Baby with chickenpox - delaying jabs?

(6 Posts)
OpenMindedSceptic Sun 16-Jun-13 22:11:59


I hope someone can help me with this one.

My child is due to have the second dose of 5-in-1 plus the Men c jab next thursday. She currently has chickenpox (curtesy of older sibling!)
Should I delay her jabs? I appreciate that by next thursday she will be over it. However, in the country that I originally come from, they recommend delaying jabs after chickenpox by 3-6months confused.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

AuntieStella Sun 16-Jun-13 22:16:25

Yes, I'd ring and rebook - I'd ask to speak to a nurse to find out how long to wait. AFAIK, there's no need to delay beyond full recovery, but probably worth checking.

tulipflowers Sun 16-Jun-13 22:18:33

I would def delay jabs by 6-8 weeks dc immune system is low as fighting off chicken pix.. No need to add another illness if u can prevent it

NannyPlumIsMyMum Sun 16-Jun-13 22:21:34

Hello I had the exactly the same situation and they advised me to delay just until he had recovered from the virus (weeks not months).
Hth smile.

BriansBrain Sun 16-Jun-13 22:23:59

I would delay for at least 6 weeks.

CatherinaJTV Mon 17-Jun-13 07:49:56

we were in the same situation and delayed a couple of weeks longer than the last pox needed to crust over. There is really no biological reason to leave it longer. Hope your DD will be better very soon and the spots don't make into awkward places!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now