Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delaying 12 week jabs - ok?

(4 Posts)
nannyl Sun 10-Feb-13 17:53:27

I delayed my DDs

she had hers at 12 / 16 / 20 weeks (I was more concerned about the effect of calpol on her virgin gut as she was EBF... and it meant she waited until 20weeks to have anything other than BM in her digestive system)
I will so the same for baby that im pg with

(due to other reasons) she had her 12m jabs at 16m and hasnt yet had her MMR (cause she's anaphalatic to egg) and she has to have it done in hospital (not our local hospital) which is an hour away... and being in the middle of a HG pregnancy I havent made the appointment yet, but i will.

as a pregnant mother i wont be having flu or WC jab, and didnt and wouldnt have had any vaccines offered when pg with DD1 either

AngelDog Mon 14-Jan-13 20:48:09

I think I'll ring the GPs and say I can't make the appt but ask how soon it needs to be. I expect we'll end up getting them done but I'd feel happier waiting till his immune system is a bit older/stronger - we are currently working on addressing some of the digestive issues so hopefully it should improve with time. I'll let you know.

Emsyboo Mon 14-Jan-13 14:56:08

I delayed DSs 12 week as he had a temperature knocked everything back 2 weeks but was fine. I would speak to your health visitor or nurse about delaying much longer.
Sorry couldn't help much would be interested to hear your decision either way.

AngelDog Sun 13-Jan-13 22:59:10

DS2 has had his 8 week jabs and is due his 12 week ones this week. However, I have some concerns about the effect of the jabs and want to do more research about whether to keep going with vaccinations.

I'm investigating not vaccinating as he has digestive problems which are often associated with a not-brilliant immune system. DS1 (fully vaccinated so far) has digestive problems, multiple allergies, bad eczema, verbal dyspraxia and sensory issues, all of which can be associated with gut/immune problems.

If we do delay the 12 week jabs and then decide to go ahead with them, will it matter if they're late, or do they have to be within a certain time of the first lot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now