Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR - 39.3 fever, vomiting...normal?

(4 Posts)
RubyrooUK Fri 30-Sep-11 23:28:29

Hello

My son has his MMR a week ago. Three days later, he started wheezing - in middle of the night we took him to A&E. They said it was croup and sent him home when breathing improved after some steroids.

Ever since then, he has had a fever ranging 37.5-93.3 (ish, don't trust the thermometer). But weirdly, it's only high at night - by the morning he seems much cooler.

He now has a bit of a rash when his temp gets high (not otherwise) which seems like classic MMR side effect from what I've read. And tonight he has vomited too. So, did anyone else have this high-at-night fever? I haven't slept really for five nights and it's killing me. How long does it last?

Ahhhhhhh.

lisad123 Fri 30-Sep-11 23:32:52

Take him back to doctors, might have nothing to do any mmr and it's been going on a while now.

In the meantime, keep topped up with calpol, nerofen, clear fluids but sips, ice pops, keep him cool. If it looks like his struggling to breath take him straight to a&E

CatherinaJTV Sat 01-Oct-11 18:03:43

Sounds like a bug on top of the MMR (the onset is a bit too soon after the shot to be caused by the shot). I second lisa's thoughts!

RubyrooUK Sat 01-Oct-11 20:29:30

Thanks - they think he has croup, a separate cold and a bit of an MMR reaction! So nicely contaminated....hopefully tonight will be better.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now