Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR booster - after affects

(3 Posts)
zac353 Thu 29-Sep-11 17:07:30

My little boy had the MMR booster jab 9 days ago and ever since he's been unwell. Started with a swollen arm and high temperature the day after the vacination. Since then his temperature has been up and down every day and he's progresively getting worse. the last few days he has developed flu like symptoms, runny nose, temperature, sore throat, red ears and a cough. Usually when hes unwell he will play but this time - totally wiped out. Had him to the doctors yesterday and he said to bring him back next week if he's no better and was given antibiotics. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I so want him to get better - never seen him so bad!

nametapes Fri 30-Sep-11 09:17:14

If this was the booster jab surely he shouldnt be like this as his body is already used to the serum. Does the doctor think this is down to the jab or just an infection he has picked up anyway from somewhere else.?
I hope your little boy is going to be ok.. xx

zac353 Mon 03-Oct-11 08:49:03

Doctor said it was most likely down to the jab and that he may also be fighting something else. My little boy is fully recovered now thankfully. Its like he had to get worse before he got better. He has his flu jab next week so hoping he has no trouble with it. Thanks for your feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now