Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

delayed 6 month vaccinations- ok?

(5 Posts)
nello Fri 23-Sep-11 14:04:32

Due to moving countries and not yet having a doctor organised, my 6MO has not yer had her 6month vaccinations. She'll be 7 months in a week. I was advised by her last doctor that not having them on an absolute schedule is not a problem and i am now trying desperately to sort them out and wondered if anyone knows if there is a time limit for receiving these? Many thanks.

CatherinaJTV Fri 23-Sep-11 15:07:37

no problem - there is only a lower limit for the spacing of most vaccines, no upper limit (apart from rotavirus vaccine). So I hope you can get them soon, but there is no danger (apart from delayed immunity) from delaying a round of shots.

ChunkyPickle Fri 23-Sep-11 15:12:06

Similar situation with the 1 year shots for mine - I found that once I'd got him registered they got an appointment almost immediately - before he had an NHS number even.

nello Mon 26-Sep-11 13:09:48

thanks. What is the Rotavirus?? Not sure if she needs this one?

bumbleymummy Mon 26-Sep-11 22:06:12

Not sure where you are Nello but the rotavirus vaccine isn't part of the schedule in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now