Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Holidaying in France with an unvaccinated child

(5 Posts)
Tabitha8 Fri 01-Jul-11 18:20:29

Has anyone tried to take their unvaccinated child to a children's club in France? They want to see health certificates detailing vaccinations. Specifically BCG, Tetanus, Diptheria and Polio.
No mention of MMR on the website I was looking at.
Where we live, BCG isn't given to children.
I don't actually want to do this, but wondered if anyone has tried it?

CatherinaJTV Fri 01-Jul-11 20:27:45

It would be phenomenally stupid to take your child to France without measles immunity at the moment. Too bad they are not asking for that.

Catherina

Tabitha8 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:09:57

I was surprised they've listed the diseases they have but ignored the MMR.

Anyway, I'm still interested to know if anyone has taken their child to a children's club in France without a vaccination record? That could have been last year or the year before. I am not specifically thinking of the measles outbreak there now.

CatherinaJTV Fri 01-Jul-11 21:24:45

all I have ever been asked for is tetanus, although I have not had either of the kids in a holiday camp in France.

illuminasam Sat 02-Jul-11 18:36:13

I'm sure I read somewhere that if asked about a measles epidemic, a french person will not necessarily know what you're talking about but instead mention the BSE epidemic we have here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now