Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First vaccinations (8 weeks)

(5 Posts)
whostolemyname Sun 26-Jun-11 11:41:48

My baby is due her 8 week vaccinations this coming week - has anyone got any advice how to make them as easy as possible for her? She is quite small so i dont think she is able to take baby nurofen - i will ask in the pharmacy but does anyone know of anything else she can have if she needs it?

I was planning on a couple of quiet says at home afterwards but does anyone else have some advice from experience?

Thank you

Panzee Sun 26-Jun-11 11:43:23

Don't fret - she will sense that. My son had his vax with no change in routine and no ill effects. Just follow her lead. smile

whostolemyname Thu 30-Jun-11 16:41:18

Thank you Panzee. She had them this afternoon just had a feed and a cuddle and is sound asleep. Im sure I was more worried than her!

Panzee Thu 30-Jun-11 18:22:12

Glad all went well. smile

internationaldad Fri 01-Jul-11 13:27:21

A little irrelevant to you whostolemyname, since she has now had them, but for other future readers.

If you are worried about baby being quite small come the 8 week vaccinations and hence how they will cope, then you can always delay them for a few weeks until they are a little bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now