Hi sorry to just jump straight in with a question but I have been a little bit 'head in the sand' about vaccinations but now that my baby is 9 weeks old and due their first set, I will need to tell my GP that we are uncomfortable about having so many so young and want to be able to have an alternate plan (if any) in place. So with that in mind, does anyone know how you would translate Dr Sears alternative vaccination schedule for those in the UK as that is something I have just started reading about or does anyone have any other delayed/alternative schedule that they can recommend please?
I don't know whether some of the abbreviations are just different or if the UK/USA vaccinate against different things at different times, but I can't seem to be able to get things to tally up.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me on this subject.
I just went to the gp today to ask about this and was told its not covered on the nhs so I would have to go private. all you could do on the nhs is get one injection at a time but can't break up the vaccines in them so you would still get the 5 in 1. urgh, I left it too long too and don't even know where to start for private injections where I live.
You can ask the surgery to give the vaccines one at a time if you prefer, but as some of the vaccines have multiple components they won't be able to separate them all.
For example you could ask to have the 5-in-1 one day, then the Prevenar (PCV) 4 weeks later, instead of giving them together, but they wouldn't be able to give the components of the 5-in-1 separately as they aren't available separately.