Talk

Advanced search

Golf/spa breaks - any (cheap-ish) recommendations?

(9 Posts)
Housemum Sun 11-Apr-10 18:38:12

I'd like to treat DH to a golf break for his 40th, but I don't play so thought I'd go for a hotel with a spa so I can wave him off for the day and have some peace and quiet (ditching the kids with the in-laws as we'll go term-time)

Anyone been anywhere they'd recommend? I've found what looks like a good deal for The Belfry, which I know is a top-notch venue (you get to play all 3 courses) but any other ideas welcomed! Budget of around £500 for 2 night stay. We're in the south-east so probably no further north than Lancashire/Northumberland as beyond that I'd have to be looking to get a flight.

Thank you MNers!

MrsAlwaysRight Sun 11-Apr-10 21:21:12

No idea what the Golf is like here as don't play but have stayed there on spa break with the girls a couple of times.

here

MakemineaGandT Sun 11-Apr-10 21:25:31

this place in Suffolk is reasonable and nice

Caryszina Mon 12-Apr-10 11:02:27

There is a great little reosrt in Pembrokeshire, West Wales called Celtic Haven. It has an Elemis Premier Spa and a 9-hole headland golf course - par 3, 4 and 5. Right now they have a special "Step Into Spring" offer for £149 per person for a 3 or 4 night stay, including free golf and use of other leisure facilities, a 25 minute spa treatment and dinner the night of arrival. Their restaurant has a lovely view and an Itlaina influenced menu. Also includes 10% off additional spa treatments and a bottle of wine in the cottage. A gret deal - they can also provide a robe and slippers.

putneyexile Thu 06-May-10 14:05:37

this is a bit differnet but why not St Mellion. There are 2 championship courses & an elemis spa. Friends stayed ((www.oakridge-cottages.co.uk here)) last year. They got free golf & use of the great leisure club & spa. If you did want to bring DCs they also have a creche.

Hannah28 Sat 08-May-10 13:27:33

I have just come back from an amazing weekend break at a stunning cottage in Mid Wales near Welshpool golf club! My husband loves golf and I love pampering (desperately need it with 2 hyper toddlers!) So he went off to the golf and I booked myself a masseur who came to the cottage and it was lush, we even got our private chef into the cottage in the evening to cook us a meal and it was amazing! Definately a recommendation for anyone who's looking for that special treat and it wasn't to expensive either. We booked it through this website www.bestofwales.co.uk who were so helpful and arranged everything for us at no extra cost. The cottage we stayed in was called 'Burgundy', fab photos on the website as well and we got a special discount code that can be used as many times as we want so already looking forward to our next break! Hope this helps you Housemum!

liz01246 Fri 14-May-10 14:59:18

try bovey castle - or look on golf4you.com some good offers

poppy1965 Fri 19-Aug-11 14:44:48

I would recommend the belfry very highly, its a great venue and the service there is impeccable, I go back there time after time to play golf which I guess shows how good it is. The Golf course is also impeccable, which I guess you would expect from a former Ryder Cup Course. I really couldn't recommend it more highly. I recently visited the Belfry this summer and used the vouchers on Visit the heart of England website which meant I only paid £99 a night which included breakfast and kids could also stay free as well!! the link to the voucher is here, enjoy:
reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/p_prod.cfm?HotelID=75248&ProdID=352647&killcookie=1&LanguageID=1

Thefoxsbrush Fri 19-Aug-11 16:12:36

Marvel hall on Northumberland is highly recommended. Probably the best hotel in the north east for spa and golf. They have lots of different packages on their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now