Advanced search

Going to Butlins in Easter hols - when to book?

(5 Posts)
CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 02-Nov-09 20:31:04

Have finally caved thanks to that damn "Sunshine, lollipops" advert putting ideas into the kids' heads. Am resigned to booking a short break at Butlins during Easter hols 2010. How far ahead should I book? I have heard you get the best deals by leaving it till the last minute, but I take it during school holidays last minute availability might not be, well, er, available!

And also, will it be awful? (Butlins virgin)

We usually go self-catering in a cottage in Cornwall or Devon. Had a horrendous experience in a Haven site a few years back - it was akin to a POW camp. We left early. Please can someone reassure me that Butlins will be different!!

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 04-Nov-09 19:39:59

bumping this...anyone?

nannynick Thu 05-Nov-09 21:41:13

Alas I can't reassure you, as when I last looked at Butlins, I found that Center Parcs was cheaper - I was booking quite last minute and wanting top of the range accommodation, so that may have made a difference.

With luck, this bumping will help your post be noticed by someone with more positive experiences and advice.

CurlyhairedAssassin Thu 05-Nov-09 22:50:12

I think the kids wouldn't be quite so thrilled with Center Parcs! Far too posh and boring in their eyes I think. grin

I think it's the whole holiday camp atmosphere/entertainment/fairground stuff that they want really. I never knew Center Parcs would be cheaper than Butlins though, that is a bit of a revelation! I will definitely bear it in mind if I end up booking last minute. Thanks for the advice.

mummymeister Thu 12-Nov-09 14:20:30

My friend rang last night and found that she could book a short break at Disney land paris for the same price as one at the basic accomodation on centre parcs. Guess where her kids would prefer to go?
I can recommend either Looe Bay or Tencreek in Cornwall. Both good places to stay and you can get deals/bargains

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now