Talk

Advanced search

Park resorts - opnions please

(8 Posts)
displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 12:27:29

DH and I wondering whether to try Park Resorts in Yorkshire or Lincs for a holiday with kids. I know there's been talk of Park resorts on threads before but most seem to be in the south. Any thoughts? Is it definitely worth doing or will we be sorely disappointed?
Anyone got any recommendations for park resorts in that part of the UK?

Marne Mon 02-Nov-09 12:34:34

We have only stayed in the south, 1st time was ok, 2nd time was hell, the resort was almost empty but the decided to put us next to a group of students who spent all night swearing and fighting, this was after phoning them and asking for some where quite as both our daughters have Autism, we spent 3 nights trying to get the dd's to calm down and go to sleep, dh couldn't sleep and we decided to go home a day early. We won't be going again.

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 12:42:34

oh dear. Thanks for the post - do you think that experiecne is probably a general resort experience or have you been to other places, such as Haven etc and had better experiences?

Marne Mon 02-Nov-09 12:50:00

I have been to Haven (a long time ago), it may just be a resort thing. I would happily go again but Dh would not, maybe were just not used to all the noise (we live in the middle of nowhere) , they seem to cram a lot of caravan/mobile homes into such a small space so they are so close together, because the resorts are cheep you get a lot of students/younger people staying there. I'm not saying they are all bad but i think if you do go you need to upgrade to a gold mobile home or log cabin as these seem to be a little more spread out and further away from the entertainment/bar.

I think next year we are going to rent a holiday home for a week instead.

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 12:59:07

Thanks Marne - really appreciate the feedback! If it was successful I can see that it's a great way of having a reasonably priced holiday but it would be awful if too noisy etc. Stayed in a holiday cottage in the summer for our holiday but it was just SO expensive and compared to the luxury of some caravans you can stay in, it didn't seem worth the money really and would certainly limit our holidays cost-wise.

jellybeans Mon 02-Nov-09 13:15:38

I haven't been to any PR yet but been to quite a few Haven and Parkdean sites. Usually have a great time. Most complaints I hear of are about dirty caravans (ours have usually been fine and we always whizz round with some disinfectant anyway) or the way everything is aimed at getting money off you (in the kids clubs etc). We usually use ours as a base and only go to the pantos and 2 or 3 kids shows, it's abit noisy and busy for us but the circus shows are great.

I have never really come accross big groups of students, only one site was 'rowdy' with police there and youths drinking cans but the others were fine. Cayton bay looked nice when we drove past, Scarborough is great.

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 13:41:06

Thanks, that's really useful too. We're not so keen on going to all the events and entertainment things they do - more using it as a base and being able to go out and about a bit but with things to do if we wanted it.

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 15:26:16

anyone else? Just trying to get as much info as possible really before parting with cash!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now