Talk

Advanced search

Anybody use the Circle Line on the underground?

(10 Posts)
CrazyLoo Sat 24-Oct-09 00:41:57

Hello everybody! I'm looking for some help... One of my favourite hobbies is writing, (in the hopes that one day i might have a books worth of publishable ramblings!) and i need some info on the Circle Line of the London Underground. Nothing too technical, i just have a few questions about the things you might see, for example. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, CrazyLoo

JustAnotherManicMummy Sat 24-Oct-09 00:53:49

Like what? If I remember rightly there's not too much to see on the circle line (much of it is underground) and I get the tube-trance of course.

Tambajam Sat 24-Oct-09 06:42:15

Post your questions and ask more specifics and lots of us can help I'm sure.

fridayschild Sat 24-Oct-09 07:51:56

Yes, go on CrazyLoo, what sort of things do you mean?

There was a piece in a Guardian a couple of years ago where the journalist sat on the tube all day and noticed the different people at different times of day: the very first tubes were cleaners and ultra high-flying City types; then builders; office workers; tourists etc. Interesting piece on race and social class - as I say, it was the Guardian!

NormaBatesFeltcher Sat 24-Oct-09 07:55:25

I use the circle line, but only from Embankment to St James' Park.

So I can answer questions on that (tiny) bit smile

NancyBotwin Sat 24-Oct-09 08:13:25

You do know that Maeve Binchy has already written a book called Circle Line don't you??

IdrisTheDragon Sat 24-Oct-09 08:17:17

Maeve Binchy didn't write a book about the Circle Line - hers was Victoria Line, Central Line (great Maeve Binchy fan here grin).

I used to go between Kings Cross and Baker Street regularly - but preferred Metropolitan line rather than Circle or H&C as the trains were larger and emptier smile

NancyBotwin Sat 24-Oct-09 08:23:56

Ah the memory is the first thing to go at my age...

foxinsocks Sat 24-Oct-09 08:25:39

I go on it a fair bit. I found myself explaining the yellow poles vs the green poles difference to a tourist yesterday who asked about how we knew it was the circle line (well aside from the fact that it had CIRCLE LINE written on it) and then started listening to my voice and realised everyone was listening to me and how I sounded exactly like a trainspotter lol.

ds keeps trying to make me go round the whole thing with him to prove it is a circle but I've told him he's nearly at the age where I will drop him off at Temple, read my book on the platform and wait for him to come round again on his own grin

Lilymaid Mon 26-Oct-09 11:19:17

Yellow poles also on the Hammersmith and City Line.
Trains tend to wait (and possibly change driver) at Aldgate and, possibly, Edgware Road.
The trains run every 7-8 minutes. There are only two short sections where the only trains that run on that piece of track will be Circle Line - between Tower Hill and Aldgate (bottom right) and Gloucester Road and a short stretch between Gloucester Road and Kensington High St.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now