Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for nice hotel within 2 hours of London for DH and I to go to for 2 nights

(10 Posts)
stressed2007 Fri 23-Oct-09 13:16:14

Would consider anything really. Just for 2 nights. It will be mid week. I like "nice" rooms and ideally a bathroom you can fit more then one person into at a time - not into old stately home types unless they are clean (a lot of supposedly nice hotels we have been to have been quite run down and dirty even if they have a lot of star ratings).

Has anyone got suggestions - happy to consider one off hotels, de vere chain etc etc. Doesn't have to be a spa hotel. First time we have been away in 18 months!

Thanks very much.

girlsyearapart Fri 23-Oct-09 13:22:22

petersham or richmond hill hotel train to london 20 mins.
my sister found a lovely one in the new forest somewhere that has a pool and croquet lawn but i don't know the name..

stressed2007 Fri 23-Oct-09 13:49:27

Thanks for suggestion. I have stayed at the one in Richmond - good example of what I mean about being a but run down and dirty - the room was totally totally miniscule and it is not cheap. Unless it has been renovated in last 18 months

Sunshinemummified Fri 23-Oct-09 13:59:49

What about a Hotel du Vin? There are ones in Brighton, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Henley, Poole, Winchester and Tunbridge Wells. I've stayed in a fe and really love them - super comfy beds, nice food and brilliant bathrooms.

Ewe Fri 23-Oct-09 14:08:25

Nutfield Priory?

Or there is a nice one in Cobham on same site, Woodlands I think.

stressed2007 Fri 23-Oct-09 15:01:28

which hotel du vin have you stayed in?

Ivykaty44 Fri 23-Oct-09 15:05:24

The Bell at aldreminster - food is all cooked in house apart from bread, rooms look nice but havn't stayed as live to close. Went in August, again for a birthday meal and it was lovely - you can go casual aswell not stuffy - rest all french furniture it good.

here

Sunshinemummified Fri 23-Oct-09 15:07:22

I've stayed in Winchester and Brighton and some of the ones further North. They are all lovely.

The other alternative I'd suggest is to look at the Mr & Mrs Smith website. All of the hotels on there look fabulous.

Ivykaty44 Fri 23-Oct-09 15:07:53

sorry - cant find where there rooms have gone... {confused emotion}

girlsyearapart Fri 23-Oct-09 20:40:46

oh well haven't stayed in either but have been to weddings at both and the main areas were lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now