Talk

Advanced search

Weekend in London ideas for accomodation please

(21 Posts)
onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 11:52:40

Hoping to travel to london early next summer to see a concert at the 02. Anyone got any ideas on what area to stay.

Need someone for 3 adults...single beds. Very reasonanbly priced and close to someone nice to go out in the evening. Any ideas?

mosschops30 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:03:41

whats 'reasonbaly priced' IYO?

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 12:06:40

well its meant to be part of a cheap girls weekend away...maybe 2 nights costing £50 each....or is that just unrealistic!

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 12:09:59

thinking travelodge prices.....

mosschops30 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:28:15

Not sure about the 3 single beds thing, can two of you not share a double then the other one on sofa bed?

Do you mean £50pp/pn, you shouldnt struggle to find a room for 3 of you for £150per night.
But you may get a Travelodge or similar for about £90per night for the three of you.
Are you staying week nights or weekend and when are you going?

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 12:50:40

Two of us could share...so a family room would be do able at a travel lodge.

We are looking for June 12th and 13th.

Just no idea of what area to look at. Saturday day arrive..shopping...sat night....meal and drinks...sun chilling and waiting for concert...mon..more shopping/sight seeing then home.

Thanks for your help with this mosschops30

Sunshinemummified Fri 23-Oct-09 12:57:16

There's a Premier Inn at County Hall which is a great location as you can hop on the Jubliee at Waterloo (just round corner) straight to O2 but is also only a few stops on tube (or in fact walking distance) from Covent Garden and central London. South Bank has had loads of investment recenetly so there's lots of nice restaurants and bars round there now.

mosschops30 Fri 23-Oct-09 12:57:20

The travelodge in Covent Garden is £188 for the two nights for those dates.

Or £208 for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury.

HTH smile

livinginadreamworld Fri 23-Oct-09 13:01:08

bon jovi then?? just looking for hotels myself for a girlie weekend! 13th and 14th for us though! do let us know where you decide! i'm working my way along the jubilee line at the moment!

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:07:25

sshhhhhhhh dont tell everyone I want him all to myself.......................<bouncing off the walls!>

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:08:50

thinking covent garden is the way forward.....

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:14:39

county hall would have been nice though but wouldnt allow 3 adults

livinginadreamworld Fri 23-Oct-09 13:16:18

covent garden not on the jubilee line though so will need to change..... looking for somewhere straight forward and easy for the late trip back!

livinginadreamworld Fri 23-Oct-09 13:20:21

aha, only two of us so we are looking at county hall. try ringing them instead of booking online, we booked a premier inn for three adults before, just had to do it on the phone, one adults takes the same amount of room as a 16 yr old!

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:24:03

good point not even considered that....

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:27:09

thanks will call them or make one person drop out LOL

onadietcokebreak Fri 23-Oct-09 13:40:02

Just rang and had to book two rooms.£104 per night!!!..but fully cancellable. They said they were nearly full so ring quick if you want one.

Whats the check in arrangements there. If I said I had a child and didnt could I get away with it?

Sunshinemummified Fri 23-Oct-09 13:55:44

I've never stayed there bu my best friend's parents did once and I went up to visit their room with them no problems so I'm sure you could sneak someone in if you needed to grin

onadietcokebreak Sat 24-Oct-09 09:20:32

BON JOVI tickets all booked Im so excited.

Have secured the premier inn but too expensive with 2 rooms so will be looking for something cheaper....dont think i can risj one of us not having somewhere to stay if the "sneaking2 plan doesnt work.

mosschops30 Sat 24-Oct-09 10:49:07

Can I just make a suggestion?

If you stayed at either of the cheaper hotels I suggested (both will sleep 3 adults), you would only have to vhange at Green Park to join the Jubilee Line as both of these hotels areas are on the Picadilly Line.
So you get the benefit of a cheaper room, thats sleeps all of you, is close to shops restauramts amd bars, and allows easy access to Jubilee Line.

HTH smile

onadietcokebreak Sun 25-Oct-09 18:34:41

thanks moss chops will prob do that.....we now have a potential two more who are also seeing the Jovi to stay with us...fun and games organsising it all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now