Talk

Advanced search

keswick - 2 questions

(7 Posts)
loubylou66 Tue 13-Oct-09 17:11:19

Can anyone recommend a nice child friendly restaurant in keswick ? Will be staying there for 2 nights at half term with DS1 who is 6...
Also I am thinking of walking up catbells with him, how long will it take as never done it before (he is a reasonably good little walker)? Thanks in advance louise

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 22:18:14

Have you asked on the Mumsnet local for that area? Might get more of a response?

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 22:21:57

That's a good idea chocolate.

DadInsteadofMum Wed 14-Oct-09 16:49:54

Catbells will take up to a couple of hours up (less down) with a little one. If you go up from Little Town then you go up the same route that Mrs Tiggywinkle used and it does look just like the illustrations.

The Swinside Inn near the bottom of Catbells is nice and child tolerant (though I wouldn't say child friendly).

For a shorter walk but with nice views over Keswick and Derwent Water have a look at Latrigg just north of Keswick.

Lilymaid Wed 14-Oct-09 20:50:28

I think that the Swinside Inn was up for sale when we passed at the beginning of last month - not sure whether it was open or not.

DungeonButter Wed 14-Oct-09 20:53:47

The lakeland peddler restaurant/cafe is child friendly although the menu is veggie and might not suit fussy kids like mine who opted for garlic bread and milk shakes.

paddingtonbear1 Wed 14-Oct-09 20:58:49

we did Catbells with dd, can't remember how long it took - she was 4. It's a nice one to do with young ones, dd enjoyed it. We took the ferry over from Keswick.
We didn't really use any restaurants so not much help! We did use the fish and chip shop in the centre though, which was a bit pricey but nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now