Talk

Advanced search

Bedruthan Steps

(7 Posts)
skinsl Fri 09-Oct-09 10:53:33

Anyone been to Bedruthan Steps this year? how was it? Heard nothing but good, but bit worried cos we went to Moonfleet Manor and had a really bad time. DH desperately needs some relaxing and fun time. Did a search here, but they are a little bit old.
would be grateful for any info or recommendations about local things to do with 2 year old!

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 09-Oct-09 10:55:45

I haven't been (but would love to)

A friend went over the Summer and said it was amazing, really helpful, really good with things for the kids etc etc

Oh, and make sure you go to Eden,.

TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 09-Oct-09 11:09:28

We have been to Bedruthan 4 or 5 times now, but always in the summer, although that said it did rain for the last 3 visits!

The last time we went we did feel that a certain sparkle had gone from it, not sure why, it just didn't feel the same. One thing was the menus no longer changed daily, one or two items would change, but if you are there for more than a couple of days, it was a bit samey at dinner, we usually go for a week to 10 days.

We have stayed in the interconnecting rooms before and they were nice, but for the last 3 visits we have had a suite, they have a little patio area and you look straight out to the sea.

There are play clubs that the little ones can go along to, and you book them by the hour. DD's (6 & 4), usually only go for a couple of hours during the whole stay, and then it's when they are doing cookery or t-shirt painting. DH and I tend to go off to the spa then, as it's a family holiday I don't see the point in anymore, after all it's their holiday too. Some poor little sausages have their names down for the whole week.sad

I keep hinting heavily to DH that a New Years break there would be nice, we'll see...

I have heard from a few people that Moonfleet is a bit tired now.

Oh, and DD1 is on the website, she is the little upside down girl, in a stripy top, with a butterfly face paint.

iwantitnow Sun 11-Oct-09 21:24:36

Went to Bedruthen Steps second time this year in September. They have a new chef the food was good last year but fantastic this year and no repetition of dishes - which was a shame sometimes. Very lucky with the weather we could use the outdoor pool often. If you can afford a stay and don't mind the drive if you live far then go for it you won't regret it. We had the grandparents come for 3 nights during our stay and they loved it.

TheGashlycrumbTinies Mon 12-Oct-09 09:40:29

Any help?

skinsl Tue 13-Oct-09 10:28:21

thank you all, yes very helpful.It's the room layout I was a bit worried about but think I have sorted that, we have separate rooms and patio. "villa suite?"I have been desperate to go for a long time, We are going next week for 4 days, so will let you know how we get on. Looking forward to good fun with the little fella and downtime for me and DH. I saw your little girl on the website, that's cool!!

TheGashlycrumbTinies Tue 13-Oct-09 14:05:03

Yes it's the villa suite we were in it works really well as there is a little hallway between yours and DS's room, so no problem if they are light sleepers disturbed by noise.

Have fun! envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now