Talk

Advanced search

Nice restaurant in Bath - any Bathonians able to recommend?

(12 Posts)
jotc13 Mon 28-Sep-09 20:49:54

Hi

I'm going to Bath for a girlie weekend to celebrate my 40th in a couple of weeks time. I need a restaurant for dinner - not too pricey - not pasta/pizza - good veggie choice - fairly central... and would really prefer a local place rather than a chain but am struggling to find anything - anyone with inside knowledge got a recommendation? Had considered one of the 'gastropubs' - maybe The Bear but it looks like it might not be an ideal location and someone suggested Cafe Rouge today but it's so chainy and not a lot cheaper than some smarter-looking places - but would they be better???

Thanks

Jo

IWantCleanCarpets Tue 29-Sep-09 18:55:52

I admit it's a very long time since I've been but Woods used to be good.

The Hole in The Wall has a good name, been there years

This might be too Burger focused.

Got to dash now but will think of some more

IWantCleanCarpets Tue 29-Sep-09 18:58:17

The Moon & Sixpence

GeneHunt Tue 29-Sep-09 19:08:14

I went to Bath for my 40th and had a fab evening at Jamie's Italian. Plenty of non-pasta or pizza options, delicious food and an all-round fun experience.

sixfoldwaitingtime Tue 29-Sep-09 19:16:55

Hole in the Wall is still lovely, but quite staid.

There is a great gastropub - King William - here but I haven't been there for a bit.

Jamies is irritatingly good, but you can't book. lunch?

ApuskiDusky Tue 29-Sep-09 19:21:57

Had a fab meal out at the Marlborough Tavern at the weekend, would highly recommend it. Great atmosphere and great food.

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 29-Sep-09 19:22:41

love it here

YouLukaAmazing Tue 29-Sep-09 19:24:58

Message withdrawn

littlerach Tue 29-Sep-09 19:27:51

Demuths is wonderful.
<veggie>

jotc13 Tue 29-Sep-09 21:48:43

Thanks - some great tips here will get following the links and see what I come up with...

Thanks again

Jo

whiteorchids Wed 30-Sep-09 17:46:23

http://www.opabath.com/OpaMezeBar.html

I've been here a couple of times with groups of girls, the food is fantastic then there is dancing, you would need to book a table though, have a great time wherever you go.

zebramummy Thu 01-Oct-09 12:58:37

demuths

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now