Talk

Advanced search

For those who have been to Bosinver - food/shopping advice!

(3 Posts)
jumpyjan Wed 16-Sep-09 17:36:07

Just wondered if anyone can tell me what the shopping options are like near Bosinver.

Am determined not to spend any of my holiday in Tescos! I hear there is a farm shop at Heligan and what is Polgooth stores like? Just wondering whether we can shop at these places to get what we need or whether I should do an online shop before we go.

Also - has anyone tried the frozen meals that they mention on their website - apparently you can order them before hand and they are in the freezer when you turn up - which sounds great!

LIZS Thu 17-Sep-09 15:59:52

We had the basics delivered for our arrival from the local store via Bosinver's website or someone else had one of the large supermarkets deliver their online shop direct. Bosinver isn't particularly remote. iirc there is an Asda and Tesco in St Austell, the shop at Heligan was fairly pricey and not extensive and the local shop was basic but ok (think Happy Shopper). I don't remember our house having much of a freezer so you would n't have got many meals in it!

jumpyjan Thu 17-Sep-09 16:35:27

ah - thanks LIZS. I had thought that might be the case re the freezer so was not sure about ordering a load of frozen stuff!

Think I will try the local store for the essentials.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now