Talk

Advanced search

so, plan A is in the bin, please please MN help me make plan B before I lose the plot!

(4 Posts)
notgettingmuchdone Tue 15-Sep-09 23:01:07

[throws herself around the feet of wise travel MNetters]

DH and I were planning to spend a couple of child-free nights away this coming weekend for our anniversary, probably in Cornwall, but family illness means no live-in babysitting Granny this weekend after all. sad Am trying to salvage a much-needed nice weekend and have lost hours of work and sleeping time in the last 2 days searching online.

I'm just looking for a couple of nights, starting sat or sun, a nice location, less than £200 per night including meals and extras and room for a readybed or a single bed in the room for 2YO DS. Somewhere relaxing and gorgeous. And less than 3 hours drive, which probably means south of Oxford. That's all.

Have looked at Bedruthan Steps but looks a bit ugly and (maybe) a bit judgy-judgy? Also is flaming expensive.

Can it be done?? Really wish I'd stuck my heels in an bought a bell tent + stove this summer, wouldn't be having this hassle.

sorry blush hassle is a bit ott and I know I'm a lucky cow to be able to go away / daft cow for working so hard that I need to get away

Ewe Tue 15-Sep-09 23:08:25

Nutfield Priory in Surrey?

Coombe Abbey in Warwick is a wonderful hotel but might be a bit too north for you?

notgettingmuchdone Tue 15-Sep-09 23:20:14

thanks ewe, they both look gorgeous - am just trying to get the over-designed website for nutfield priory to work!!

saggyhairyarse Sat 19-Sep-09 19:39:48

Come to Bristol!

Walk around Clifton Village/Clifton Susptension BRidge etc.

Am sure you could get cheap accomodation as there are a variety of hotels for different budgets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now