Talk

Advanced search

Hotels in Bristol

(7 Posts)
frankie3 Mon 14-Sep-09 13:33:57

We are planning on going to Bristol for the weekend this winter and I wondered if anyone could recommend a good hotel. Would preferably like a hotel with a swimming pool, and family rooms that can sleep 4. Has anyone stayed at either of the Marriott hotels, or the Mercure?

saggyhairyarse Sat 19-Sep-09 19:48:11

The Marriott on College Green is in a better location than the other and the leisure area is nice.

I didn't even know the Mercure existed and it looks much more contemporary (and nicer imo) than the Marriotts.

There is a Ramada with a pool too.

captainmillenniumflint Sat 19-Sep-09 19:49:30

ah i was about to recommend hotel du vin but that's one to save for a dirty childfree weekend

ilovemydogandmrobama Sat 19-Sep-09 19:50:23

Thistle?

CMOTdibbler Sat 19-Sep-09 20:47:15

The Marriott College green is v nice indeed. Last time I stayed there they had a special offer on and I got a junior suite for 20 quid extra, which was fab

frankie3 Mon 21-Sep-09 12:43:05

Thanks for all that, probably go for the Marriott - will use Tesco vouchers to pay for it.

Looks like Bristol has lots to do for my DS's - has anyone been to the Explore centre, Imax etc?

ilove Mon 21-Sep-09 12:44:42

Marriott is lovely, went there for my FIL'S 60th, booked 4 rooms and they really looked after us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now