Talk

Advanced search

North Norfolk (Pinewoods?) in October half-term - crazy idea?

(5 Posts)
Tinkjon Sun 06-Sep-09 22:42:34

Had a lovely summer holiday in North Norfolk and was thinkinh about a short break there (maybe to Pinewoods) in the October half-term. I was wondering if we could still have a ebach holiday if we bought the kids some wetsuits - would that be warm enough, do you think? Would it be miserably cold and awful at that time of year?

Also, if anyone has been to Pinewoods at that time of year - can you do without heating then? (DCs will be 2 and 6).

Tinkjon Sun 06-Sep-09 22:43:05

that was meant to say "beach holiday"!

PandaG Sun 06-Sep-09 22:46:51

we do N Norfolk at Oct half term. (well do N Norfolk every hols as have relatives there)

Not swimming, but wellies and waterproof trousers and digging / cricket etc on beach fine. Can't comment on pinewood, but I would have thought you would want heating at the end of October. Plenty of indoor stuff to do (swimming at leisure centre in Sheringham, ride on steam train, Norwich Castle museum) on wet days.

4andnotout Sun 06-Sep-09 22:47:02

I think it will be too cold for wetsuits on the beach, fleeces and jeans would be ok, i would recommend taking a small heater with you. (We spent 5 nights in a static caravan lst september and it was freezing!)

Tinkjon Mon 07-Sep-09 10:48:20

Oh that's a shamne about wetsuits - I thought they were warm enough to wear all year round!
Good tip about a heater - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now