Talk

Advanced search

Romantic weekend break with DH - any suggestions

(10 Posts)
susie100 Thu 03-Sep-09 18:23:10

Can anyone recommend a nice boutique hotel no more than 2 hours drive from London for an anniversary mini break?

My visions are of a nice roll top bath, glass of champagne, nice dinner and country stroll the next day somewhere not too hectic and more importantly child free!!

rubyslippers Fri 04-Sep-09 09:38:29

place is lovely - in berkshire

GrapefruitMoon Sat 05-Sep-09 13:55:54

Bumping for you as I want similar recommendations!

Portofino Sat 05-Sep-09 13:59:58

www.wallettscourthotel.com/index.phpHere in SE Kent is lovely and not far from the sea. The restaurant is fab.

3littlefrogs Sat 05-Sep-09 14:26:14

Ashdown park hotel in Ashdown forest, sussex.

Beautiful former convent, lake, forest, walks, pool, gym and beauty treatments.

Lovely old fashioned hotel and fantastic old fashioned service.

Don't know about the roll top bath - but they have fourposter beds and beautiful suites.

hambo Sat 05-Sep-09 14:27:43

I just wanted to say have a brilliant time....I would LLLOOOVVVEE a romantic child free break. Ahhhh. Have a bailies in the bath for me please!!!

barbiebigpants Sat 05-Sep-09 14:28:02

babbington house in bath is fab....drive fast and its not too long from london wink stable rooms the best and the cowshed is wicked!

3littlefrogs Sat 05-Sep-09 14:30:45

http://www.ashdownpark.com/

susie100 Tue 08-Sep-09 16:53:02

Oooh thank you all for this.

Checked out Babington but they want a 2 night stay at £350 a night shock

We have ended up going for Cotswold88, they were LOVELY on the phone and seems to have good reviews on trip advisor.

Will report back.

Thanks Hambo I will!

susie100 Wed 23-Sep-09 14:01:21

Just got back from Cotswold88 - lovely little hotel, great staff, good food.

Quite pricey for what it is £3.50 for side order of jersey royals and they bring literally 4!)But is what great quality, great service and set in a gorgeous village. Reccomend highly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now