Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of Suffolk for next year?

(5 Posts)
deaddei Wed 02-Sep-09 19:04:29

Never been, but looks nice.
I'd appreciate any comments- anyone been??

nannymcphee Wed 02-Sep-09 20:16:33

We go to Suffolk almost every year and I'd definately recommend Aldeburgh/Thorpness/Southwold/Warberswick - they're all lovely for a holiday. Aldeburgh and Thorpness are stoney beaches whereas the other two are sandy.
Southwold's a busy little town and quite touristy in the holidays, but it does have nice restaurants etc. Any other advice, do ask and hope that helps a little smile

Fimbo Wed 02-Sep-09 20:22:34

Oh I was at Southwold on Sunday - love it. It has a lovely pier too, its posh not like normal piers!

bassettq Wed 04-Nov-09 22:12:38

We go to a village called Orford every year & the kids love it! Tennis courts, sailing boats, a castle, bike hire, local babysitters (organised by the lady at the garage!), local lobster, 3 pubs walking distance away.........
See www.orfordholiday.co.uk

wook Fri 06-Nov-09 18:08:47

stayed in a very sweet cottage in Southwold this summer called 'pinkneys' v good location, small but just right. Visited a realy good farm park nearby. Good sculpture at Aldeburgh on the seafront. Dunwich Heath good, Woodbridge good shops, Walberswick a rowboat ferry across from Southwold and great pub + crabbing.
Love Suffolk!
You'll have a fab family holiday if you go to Southwold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now