Talk

Advanced search

let's big up the isle of wight

(9 Posts)
southeastastra Sat 29-Aug-09 21:39:21

the best holiday i had for ages grin

Curlylox Sun 30-Aug-09 18:36:34

Spent the day there on Saturday, it was lovely! So come on spill......wjere did you stay, how long, accommodation etc

mustrunmore Sun 30-Aug-09 18:43:05

Ah, it is lovely actually <family live there>. The boys adore Blackgang, love being scared witless on the ghost tours, love the beaches smile

flossie64 Sun 30-Aug-09 18:49:20

Oh yes ,please do tell. We are thinking of going next summer.
We will want to take our campervan,so need the low down on the campsites.
I will watch this for all your tipssmile

jalopy Sun 30-Aug-09 19:01:31

We had a fantastic trip there last October. Best kept secret, imo.

bigpantywoman Sun 30-Aug-09 19:19:06

I agree, we had a fab holiday there this year. Loved the West coast, Ventor and the areas around, lovely quaint seaside towns and beautiful countryside, but the East side (Shanklin etc) we were not so keen on, a bit chavtastic (apologies to anyone who lives there!). We stayed at Orchards caravan park, quite nice, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, nice facilities, quite fmaily friendly and a good base for exploring but quite a big site, if you like small bijou campsites a la cool camping it would probably not be for you. Also liked the look of Cowes but we were only there for a few hours en route to the ferry.

lizziemun Sun 30-Aug-09 19:46:07

Another Oh yes, we looking to go there next year as well. Although how good it will be is anyone guess as dh wants to go with his parents hmm grin.

southeastastra Sun 30-Aug-09 21:17:48

there are so many campsites, bembridge is nice and central, though we stayed at shanklin in caravan park grin with the chavs

yomellamoHelly Sun 30-Aug-09 21:38:41

We went for second time this summer - to Seaview/Nettlestone (Bembridge area). Lovely old-fashioned tip out to the beach every day type of holiday. Didn't rain this time (apart from early morning/ times we weren't wanting to go out) so hit lucky too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now