Talk

Advanced search

Am I being ridiculous to think that we can get a last minute break in the uk this week?

(6 Posts)
AttillaTheHan Sun 23-Aug-09 21:07:11

We had planned to go camping in the lakes tues-thurs this week but due to crappy weather forecast (dh is a fairweather camper hmm)we are thinking of going on a short break somewhere.

I've trawled last minute, centreparcs etc but nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

We ideally want north of england, somewhere not too haven-y ( have just been for a week in devon on a similar park holiday) more like centerparcs or forest holiday ...

I think I'm expecting too much, will probably end up staying at home with dc's climbing the walls...

Help!

hocuspontas Sun 23-Aug-09 21:12:15

Hoseasons have low-key parks/cottages/lodges etc. They are advertising 25% off last minute breaks and have lots available from what I can see

AttillaTheHan Sun 23-Aug-09 21:13:26

Ooh thanks will have a look. smile

Sidge Sun 23-Aug-09 21:19:01

Have you thought about a holiday cottage?

I just had a quick look on here and they have some lovely places with availability this week

AttillaTheHan Sun 23-Aug-09 21:36:19

Ah thanks Sidge. Have enquired about a few of them, am hopeful that I might be able to get things confirmed tomorrow.
Thanks grin

fifitot Tue 25-Aug-09 08:18:57

Google pine lodges in derbyshire. Can't remember their address but it's a smallish holiday park and very good apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now