Talk

Advanced search

Driving On The Motorway

(14 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sun 23-Aug-09 20:58:04

Please, please stop driving so close to the car in front.

Do you not realise what will happen if you need to stop quickly???

So many twats people who didn't understand about breaking distances on the M6 today!

AnyFucker Sun 23-Aug-09 20:59:15

I was on the M6 today

and you are right, it is petrifying

HairyMuff Sun 23-Aug-09 21:00:50

Undertaking is on the up too. Loads of wankers doing it on the M6 yesterday.

AnyFucker Sun 23-Aug-09 21:12:13

today, there were motorbikers riding 2 abreast in the same lane

wtf ??

southeastastra Sun 23-Aug-09 21:14:30

i know i was drving at 70+ (once or twice to keep safe!) people must drive at 100+ regularly on the motorway

hf128219 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:17:47

Too many people don't know how to drive in the ouside lane. People just sit there doing 70 and don't realise its actual purpose.

sweetnitanitro Sun 23-Aug-09 21:19:02

I think undertaking is on the increase due to the number of people who drive along in the wrong lane although that's no excuse really.

The M6 is absolutely awful, I thought I was going to die last time I went on there.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 23-Aug-09 21:24:15

Hah! You want to try driving on French motorways. They think nothing of driving right up your backside whilst they're waiting to overtake.

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 23-Aug-09 21:27:56

Did you know that different motorways have different driving characteristics. And people on the M25 drive differently to all the other motorways. They think it's due to the fact it's just a big circle so people feel like they're not really getting anywhere.

Interesting eh?

Probably not grin

hocuspontas Sun 23-Aug-09 21:28:11

I think undertaking should be introduced. May shake up a few middle-lane hoggers. They do it in the US - is it successful?

LynetteScavo Sun 23-Aug-09 21:44:08

The last time I was on a US motor way (June) it was S L O W.

Middle lane 70mph hoggers are just bizare.

PleaseDeleteMeLetmeGo Sun 23-Aug-09 22:01:33

Yes, there would be much less undertaking if people just moved over.

I agree too that folk on the M25 drive differently; I think it's because there's so many junctions quite close together that people tend to stick with the 2nd and 3rd lanes.

We don't 'drive' on the M6 as such these days - it's just a bloody great carpark most of the time!

TeamEdward Sun 23-Aug-09 22:08:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortington Sun 23-Aug-09 22:14:07

cameras on the 25 so no point

plus its a good day when you hit 70!

there is definately an art to motorway driving which involves being fully aware of whats going in in 3 or 4 lanes front , behind and both sides of you at all times. v. draining.

but not if your a twat in a BMW in teh outside lane who owns the road - because you dont have to watch anything but yourself in the mirror.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now