Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is there to do around Gloucester/Evesham for a 4 year old?

(5 Posts)
2anddone Fri 21-Aug-09 22:31:03

Hi we are travelling from Norfolk to Minehead in Octobar and want to break up the journey. On our route we drive through Evesham which is around the half way point. There are a couple of travel inns in the area and we go right past the Evesham Country Park. Has anyone ever been? Is there anything to do with a 4 year old there? Failing that is there anything else in the area open on a Sunday which we could visit to enterain him with? TIA

emkana Fri 21-Aug-09 22:32:16

I've never been but have been told by various people that it is a lovely lovely park, so I'd give it a go!

MaeBea Fri 21-Aug-09 22:41:25

Evesham contry park is quite nice - has a small steam railway (quite cheap £2 ish per adult) - they stop off at picnic place. Also has farm shop, outlet shops and a smallish animal sanctury (quite pricey but OK).

You are also near Stratford and Pershore (which also has a good park). If really bored and can face driving you could easily get to Malvern or Worcester.

You can definitely spend half a day in Evesham CP - longer in good weather.

epithet Fri 21-Aug-09 22:45:06

Down by the river in Evesham there is lots that a 4 year old would love - swingparks, picnic areas and sometimes fairground/circus type things going on. It's a pleasant market town - I daresay they would be something soft playish in town too.

My mum is from the area - haven't been back there for a while, but always loved the countryside/potential for large-scale running around as a child.

CMOTdibbler Sun 23-Aug-09 21:08:32

We live near there, and go there quite a bit. DS adores the miniature steam railway, and theres a really good field for kite flying. The Ark is very overpriced though.

Pershore has a nicer playpark than Evesham.Both have swimming pools, but Eveshams new one is opening soon and will be v nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now