Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone find me a B&B/Hotel in Gosport

(12 Posts)
Katymac Thu 20-Aug-09 13:51:16

Ideally quite cheap & reasonably close to Thorngate Hall on Bury Road?

Thanks

Katymac Thu 20-Aug-09 21:45:14

Bump

Sidge Thu 20-Aug-09 22:10:15

What's your budget?

The Old Lodge is nice, my friend stayed there and liked it.

I haven't stayed here but it is near me and looks ok

My granny stayed here a couple of years ago and said it was fine

Gosport has a fair few B&Bs, some better than others I think. If you let me know which one you have in mind I can tell you if I know of it!

Katymac Thu 20-Aug-09 22:36:34

Thanks they seem quite far away from Thorngate Hall

We are off to a dance competition - & need to be close & clean

Any of your choices would be fine - if a little closer (iyswim)

I appreciate your suggestions

NotPlayingAnyMore Thu 20-Aug-09 23:49:03

The nearest ones are on the Bury / Foster Road one way system but The Old Lodge is only 10 or 15 minutes walk away in Alverstoke, which is lovely and closer to Stokes Bay.

In that direction, the Anglesey is set in a Georgian crescent with beautiful restored public gardens and Alverbank is just lovely and the closest to the sea.

Check Thorngate Halls postcode PO12 3UD here (the Oaklawn listed has closed though).

I live so close that we'll probably bump into each other and not know it grin Are you dancing or watching?

seanbeanmarryme Fri 21-Aug-09 00:31:40

Found this the other day, http://www.thirtythreea.co.uk/. It would be about 10-15 mins walk & is opposite St Marys church in Alverstoke.

Katymac Fri 21-Aug-09 08:03:21

Hi we are dancing (well DD is)

We try and be just spitting distance from the hotel at a dance comp so we can walk there in the morning. We sometimes pay a bit more for this as tbh the words 'one-way system' strike very hard in my memory

Running around trying to find a comp venue at 8am on a Sunday morning in a one way system is scary - if she misses her dance there is no second chances

I have a different post code for Thorngate Hall btw PO12 3PX?

NotPlayingAnyMore Fri 21-Aug-09 11:07:35

Ah, that's right - don't know why it came up listed as the other for me.

Anyway, if you look on Google Maps, you can see the one way system isn't very big at all and does take you back round to Thorngate Halls in a triangle!
Just keep right on Bury Road when it splits in two and keep left on Foster Road when it splits into 3 lanes - no turn-off necessary.

Best of luck to your DD

Sidge Sat 22-Aug-09 19:33:03

The Old Lodge is walking distance from Thorngate Halls; probably about 10-15 minutes.

But the Thorngate Halls have a large car park, and there is parking actually on the one way system.

But if the dance comp was this weekend I am too late with my Helpful Information grin

NotPlaying you must be a mile or two from me!

Katymac Sat 22-Aug-09 22:50:30

It's not until the 13th (I think) so we are OK a while yet

Thanks for the info

SlackSally Tue 01-Sep-09 23:46:42

Ha. I grew up in Gosport. I lived spitting distance from Thorngate and I thought there was a hotel on the corner of Bury Road/Gordon Road, but I can't seem to find it on any listings.

Alverstoke is by far the nicest bit and really not far from Thorngate.

Katymac Wed 09-Sep-09 09:32:56

Thanks for that Sally

I think I have left it a bit late to book - but we are only just sure we are going.......

I have a morning of telephoning ahead of me hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now