Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs when pregnant

(9 Posts)
Househunter Sun 16-Aug-09 19:09:45

We are booked to go to CentreParcs with our toddler in a few weeks. I have just found out I am pregnant so I'm thinking I will have to cancel the tree trekking (travelling through the trees on ropes etc) we'd booked. Can anyone suggest any alternative activites we could book for the morning our daughter is at the creche? I had thought about a spa treatment but they all seem to say you need to be at least 12 weeks pregnant for them to be suitable (and I'll only be about 7 weeks) - is this true?? Thanks for any advice.

Picante Sun 16-Aug-09 19:14:27

Yes you won't be able to have any treatments - you can still use the pool but that's about it.

You'll only be a few weeks pg so if you're normally sporty you'd still be able to do all that stuff. I was 31 weeks when I went and was very restricted in what I could do.

cookielove Sun 16-Aug-09 19:17:42

i went with someone who was pregnant, she was unable to do anything, not even ride a bike, she walked everywhere and thats about it

Househunter Sun 16-Aug-09 19:26:49

Cookielove - did Centreparcs say she coulodn't ride a bike or was that her own choice?

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 16-Aug-09 19:30:20

what about sailing? of golf? have a look at the online brochure for ideas.

Theres no reason why you couldnt have a facial or something or how about a manicure/pedicure? or there is a special pregnancy treatment. You just wont be able to use to spa as should really avoid jacuzzis and sauna altho i always thought this was a bit overkil on the advice front.But you could book a couple of treatments and chill out with a coffee and book in between them.

def no reason not ride a bike i cycled at 37 weeks at CP.

dorothybunny Sun 16-Aug-09 19:32:16

I went twice when pregnant. First time when about 13 weeks and then second when I was about 6 months. I rode a bike both times. Center Parcs didn't say anything. I just made sure I went really slowly and avoided any strenuous riding uphill - would have done the same if I wasn't pregnant though as I'm a menace on a bike at the best of times!

cookielove Sun 16-Aug-09 21:29:50

She asked her doc and her doc said no, but she really didn't mind walking, we weren't really that far away from the main area.

Househunter Mon 17-Aug-09 20:51:20

Thanks for your replies. In case anyone else is in the same situation I contacted Centerparcs and they told me they don't advise tree trekking but its at your own discretion (prob won't do this tho) and there are a limited number of treatments you can have in the spa - facials, manicures and pedicures, basically.

branflake81 Wed 19-Aug-09 11:05:27

I went to CP with a friend who was in the early stages of pregnancy. She paid £5 for the Spa and got to use a few of the rooms and treatments that were suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now