Talk

Advanced search

centre parcs winter wonderland

(7 Posts)
mrstimlovejoy Sat 15-Aug-09 21:56:51

has anyone been on a winter wonderland break if so are they good.looking at going to sherwood forest and just wanted to know if its worth the money.my dd is 4.

mummatoone Sat 15-Aug-09 22:18:36

bump....we are thinking of going to SF and our ds is 4!!! Prices cheap in Nov....anyone???

dorothybunny Sun 16-Aug-09 08:59:05

We went last year 2 weeks before christmas to the one at Elveden with DS's who were 3 and 18 months. We had a lovely time. Admittedly you do have to pay extra for trips to see Santa and the horse drawn sleigh ride, etc but it made us all feel so christmassy. The Santa's grotto was the best we've ever been to (blew Harrods one out the water!). We'd love to go back again in the run up to Christmas this year but eldest DS starts school next month and its soooooo expensive in the school holidays.

Phoenix4725 Mon 17-Aug-09 12:39:21

glad to hear Elveden one good as booked to take dc to winter wonderland were going november and have 3 bed comfort plus for 269 for mid week break

sugarpop Mon 17-Aug-09 12:47:44

It is lovely! the only time I can cope with Centerparcs!

I love walking in the cold and coming back to a log fire and the christmassy bits for the kids are really good.

debbiewebweb Mon 17-Aug-09 20:12:27

I can second that, we took our dd's then aged 4 and 1 to sherwood winter wonderland and is was lovely. Best time to visit centre parcs imo. Santa's Grotto was fab as was the panto. It snowed too, was great.

charleymouse Sun 30-Aug-09 00:56:38

Hi, DD 4.10 and DS 2.4. We have just got back from a midweek at Whinfell and DCs have had a great time.

Really fancy the winter wonderland but due on 2 December, Sherwood is nearest to home but Whinfell looks (if possible) more Christmassy as it has real reindeer.

Has anyone been to more than one of the Winter Wonderland CPs and can distinguish between them.
No real preference for any just wondered which might be the best Christmassy atmosphere.

DD was overdue and DS was early so have no idea when this one will make an appearance. Just think it would be nice to go with DCs before new one makes its appearance.

Also DD starts school this next week so will have to be a weekend straight from school and back Sunday night/monday AM early.

Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now