Talk

Advanced search

do you know any luxurious holidays in cornwall for 3 yr old and baby??

(19 Posts)
mad4myboys Tue 11-Aug-09 18:54:57

going next month, dh has decided to treat us as had a crap year. Want to go to cornwall but not the west side ideally. Prefer self catering.

Have seen some lovely places but obv booked at this short notice!

Anyone know of anything down there that i may have missed?

ilovepiccolina Tue 11-Aug-09 19:00:08

Hi, DH & I went to the St Moritz near Padstow in January & it was fab. I understand they have an outdoor pool no, but you'd need to check it's open. They have self-catering villas on the site. They have a website, but here's the Telegraph write-up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/hotels/3129531/St-Moritz-Hotel-Cornwall-Hotel-watch.h tml

ilovepiccolina Tue 11-Aug-09 19:02:18

pool now!

Also has a fancy-pants restuarant, although there's a pub up the road and a village walking distance up the coast (can't remeber what it's called). Have a look at the Trip advisor website - it's reviewed on there.

LIZS Tue 11-Aug-09 19:05:42

[[http://www.nicheretreats.co.uk/home here]? Also saw a write up of some others in the Times last week - stunning pool with views and cottages

LIZS Tue 11-Aug-09 19:06:52

sorry here

LIZS Tue 11-Aug-09 19:25:10

Was thinking of this

mad4myboys Tue 11-Aug-09 19:30:24

thanks lizs, looks fab but nowhere is free to sleep us all (that is under £1000!) as ds2 has a hospital appt i cant miss!

mad4myboys Tue 11-Aug-09 19:31:02

hold on xpost let me look at that 2nd one

Bink Tue 11-Aug-09 19:35:18

I was looking wistfully the other day at the website for The Rosevine on the Roseland peninsula: this is their page which shows availability next month - you can self-cater, or you can use their restaurant - everything looks beautifully done.

mad4myboys Tue 11-Aug-09 19:40:30

bink, that is lovely but £1400! we are probably aiming for mon-fri but would do a whole week, we are about 5 hours away so need to take petrol into account so ideally want to get accomadation under £1000

mad4myboys Tue 11-Aug-09 19:45:32

ilovepic, WOW! I love love love cowshed stuff!!

Meglet Tue 11-Aug-09 19:50:45

gwel an mor is gorgeous, but pricey. But you might be able to get a good mon - fri deal next month? The reviews are very good for families with young children as its not far from the beach so you don't have to use the car and the lodges are pretty flash. I know Hoseasons have them on their books.

www.gwelanmor.com

ilovepiccolina Wed 12-Aug-09 17:59:02

Well you did say 'luxurious' - I read that to mean 'outrageous price'! We could only afford it in January, on a special offer. But it was amazing, really stylish suite with a kitchen & sea view.

LIZS Wed 12-Aug-09 18:02:49

I think perhaps you need to define what "luxuries" you'd like within your budget. I'd assumed cost wasn't an issue and indulged !

paranoidmother Wed 12-Aug-09 18:16:40

Hmm well we did this last year it was great fun.

LIZS Wed 12-Aug-09 18:32:33

Might be worth a look

MrsKitty Wed 12-Aug-09 18:39:09

Wanted to suggest here as it was on my short list for last year, but it's fully booked till Oct, so no good for you sad

Am googling for you (an effort to avoid doing much at work this evening!) and have come up with these... (I've tried to find 4-5* graded toddler friendly accommodation to suit everyone in your family, and hopefully make life easier!

Here looks good - and toddler friendly too! Some availability from mid Sept

here Available September

another farm available late Sept

lots here with some availability in Sept

Or what about something from Here

That's all for now...must get some work done for a while!

Bink Wed 12-Aug-09 18:45:21

Trelowarren?

mad4myboys Thu 13-Aug-09 15:49:50

thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now