Talk

Advanced search

Supermarket near Dawlish

(10 Posts)
JudithCole Sun 09-Aug-09 20:21:55

I'm going away next Saturday to Dawlish , I need to know where to go and do a weeks shop after I arrive and unpack the car.

many thanks

judith

CaramelisedOnions Sun 09-Aug-09 20:27:36

there must be a Tesco in Exeter (hope that is nearest city, as only went there once for a couple of days.....)

BCLass Sun 09-Aug-09 20:43:10

If you get off the M5 in Exeter at J30 to join the ?A379 (I think) to Dawlish, there is a Tesco just off Sandygate roundabout. Follow signs to Exeter and it's signposted I think

BCLass Sun 09-Aug-09 20:43:53

But that might be a bit far if you need to unpack first and go back again....

Tortoise Sun 09-Aug-09 20:49:33

We are going to Dawlish Warren On Saturday. smile
Exeter is nearest big town i think. We are going by train so having to take what we can and buy the rest there.

bluebump Sun 09-Aug-09 20:52:47

There is a Sainsburys and a Lidl just off the motorway in Exeter too. Teignmouth may be closer, that has a couple of Co-Ops, one right when you come down the main hill into the town.

CaramelisedOnions Sun 09-Aug-09 21:46:16

There is a Londis type place in Dawlish Warren plus another supermarket. These are all on the main road in D Warren near the caravan parks and entrance to the beach if my memory is right?

MANATEEequineOHARA Sun 09-Aug-09 21:57:43

I live in Exeter (I nearly typed that as Sainsburies!) There is a Sainsburies in Alphington, in Exeter, which would be the nearest.

JudithCole Mon 10-Aug-09 09:19:49

Thanks everyone. will prob go to sainsburys as i work for them so will get my staff discount.

judith

hellywobs Tue 11-Aug-09 21:18:19

Or go to Newton Abbot, where you can choose between Asda, Sainsburys or Tescos. About 8 miles away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now