Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Haven Hafan Y Mor (North Wales)

(14 Posts)
LouMacca Fri 07-Aug-09 18:09:42

Hi

DH has unexpectedly been given a week off in August - yipee!!

We had decided to stay in the UK and would love to know if anyone has stayed at Haven, North Wales and what your experience was.

Thanks.

LouMacca Fri 07-Aug-09 18:54:05

Anyone?

TotalChaos Fri 07-Aug-09 18:59:19

we stayed there last year, I liked it and would go back again. The site is in a nice location, and has it's own nice (if a bit muddy!) beach. We were in an apartment rather than a caravan. Apartment was OK - basic, and a touch tattier than a travelodge room would be. The swimming pool is nice, and they have a big boating lake there too.

LouMacca Fri 07-Aug-09 19:11:53

Thanks. Am worried really that there won't be much for the kids to do if you weather is iffy (with it being August in England and all!) Was there plenty to do? We are going to book a superior caravan as thats all thats left apart from the really expensive posh looking lodges!!

TotalChaos Fri 07-Aug-09 19:20:54

there's a free indoor soft play section, and of course the pool is indoors, as is the "entertainment". we went to Pwllhelli (nice little seaside town) and to Criccieth (very pretty little beach resort). And there was a cute petting farm nearby at Llandestumwy (depending on how old your children are of course.....)

LouMacca Fri 07-Aug-09 19:59:53

Thanks. Kids are 6 so sounds ideal.

Jenbot Tue 11-Aug-09 18:11:34

We've been there on a Sun Holiday deal thing, but we used it purely as a base for walking and biking pre-kids, so I've no idea what the facilities are like I'm afraid. We were put into one of the little apartments. It was fine, we'd go again!

Ria79 Wed 12-Aug-09 15:28:07

WE went there in May, 4 adults adn 7 kids and it rained all weekend but we all had a fanttastic time!
There is lots to do and the older kids were amazed at the pool and it's slides etc.
We go to Prestahven on Friday and i'm praying its half as good as the forecast is crap!!!!
{grin]
I live just over an hour from Haven - y - mor so call in and say hi LOL xx

stoppinattwo Thu 13-Aug-09 12:48:17

we went at the end of may....was fab, and also v close to pwhelli smile

poopscoop Thu 13-Aug-09 12:53:09

Have fany mor - pmsl

poopscoop Thu 13-Aug-09 12:55:05

its all fan y's in wales. im sure i drove through a village called fan y bonk when i was on honeymoon grin

DMReadersLoveTakingItUpTheArse Thu 13-Aug-09 15:40:24

rofl

mazzystartled Thu 13-Aug-09 15:45:34

Haven't been to the Haven park but my mate has a caravan just further up teh bay. It is the most beautiful location. Its like cornwall withouth the schlep or the gastropubs.The beach is great, especially if you set off and walk to pwllhelli. lots of other lovely places nearby - aberdaron and llanbedrog. there is an eco friendly kids theme park not far away that is meant to be good.

Phoenix4725 Fri 14-Aug-09 13:18:25

only thing would say is that its bitof walkup and don the cap depending where you are staying but other than that its great plenty to do for kids all ages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now