Talk

Advanced search

Staying in a hotel room with 3DCs What to do?

(8 Posts)
LynetteScavo Thu 06-Aug-09 16:26:17

We want to spend a night in a hotel (in/near Durham) but don't want to pay too much.
The last time we stayied in a hotel with DCs we ended up spending a small fortuned on a suit.

Is the answer to get 2 seperate rooms somewhere like a Travel Lodge and DH sleep in one room and me in another, with DC's shared betwen us?

Or do decetly priced rooms wich can accomodate a family of 5 actually exist anywhere?

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Aug-09 16:27:23

No, we didn't buy a suit, I meant a suite.

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Aug-09 17:02:39

?

AMumInScotland Thu 06-Aug-09 17:06:20

Some of the hotels in affordable chains (travellodge, premier inn, holiday inn express etc) have connecting rooms. So you can book into the two rooms, keep the door between them open, and sleep with your DH in one while the DC have the other.

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Aug-09 17:44:11

Ah! I didn't know that! Thanks!

weegiemum Thu 06-Aug-09 17:51:51

Youth Hostels!!!

many have family rooms and we have used them to great effect (after dh got in trouble carrying dd2 (4) into a travel lodge when we had booked her in as a baby in cot blush

Some you end up in a room with 6 bunks - not great for cuddles with dh! - but in others there is a double plus bunks.

We stay in them wherever we go now!

BigGobMum Thu 06-Aug-09 18:01:52

Weegie - I have never come across a Youth Hostel with a room with one double bed and single bunks in the same room. Could you tell me where this is please?

LynetteScavo Thu 06-Aug-09 20:10:04

Thanks weegiemum....shall investigate. I always assiciate YH with pleasure rather than chore..which visiting in laws in Durham is! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now