Talk

Advanced search

Camp Beaumont - has anyone's child been, and did they enjoy themselves?

(5 Posts)
BonsoirAnna Wed 05-Aug-09 12:11:03

Thinking of sending DSS1 and DSS2 (14 and 12) for October half-term, to The Island on Isle of Wight. Would be really greatful for feedback.

BonsoirAnna Wed 05-Aug-09 12:28:24

grateful blush

freudianslips Sat 15-Aug-09 15:56:34

I used to work for Camp Beaumont seasonally (was a group leader then an assistant camp director). However this was a day camp not a residential camp - based in London. I personally thought they had good standards of health and safety, children were offered a good variety of activities and the company has a good ethos. The recruitment process is quite competitive and they pay quite well, which helps in terms of the calibre of semployee. I wouldn't bother paying for any of the 'extra' activities unless your child is mad-keen to do so, because those were - in my opinion - hideously overpriced. Teens seemed to enjoy mostly hanging out in groups anyhow, as well as the more adventurous sports.
I know it's not quite the same as having sent my child there, but it's an employee's perspective.

GrapefruitMoon Sat 15-Aug-09 16:13:51

I've only encountered their day-camps too.

DD has been on a couple of school trips to PGL places which she loved and the school were very positive about - so maybe take a look at them too for comparison?

vinblanc Sat 15-Aug-09 16:21:05

I would recommend that you investigate PGL. It is a fantastic organisation and does cater for 'indies'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now