Talk

Advanced search

Short notice holiday in Newcastle/Northumberland - Help

(6 Posts)
mammymac Tue 04-Aug-09 11:09:49

My Dad has been taken ill whilst on holiday in Newcastle. He's been stuck in the Freeman hospital for 3 weeks now. We have a week off next week so wondered whether there was any accommodation in the area that we could get at short notice so we could visit him while doing a few holiday things too. We are 4 (2 kids - aged 4 and 1) - don't mind where we stay as long as it's not too pricey-probably a tall order during the school holidays.
Anyone got any ideas of good places to stay in either Newcastle or Northuumberland? Where would be a good base?
Thanks very much.

Hollyoaks Tue 04-Aug-09 11:17:58

You could try the Novotel located at Kingston Park which isn't very far from the Freeman, Metro Centre and centre of Newcastle. Sorry but not sure on price. You could also try the local premier inns or travel lodges as well. You could also try one of the Innkeepers lodges in a similar region as well.

Sorry that I'm not much help but its a start.

mammymac Tue 04-Aug-09 14:21:47

Thanks for that. I should have said - I think it would have to be self-catering - we all go a bit demented when locked in a hotel room! In Newcastle is good but I'm also willing to go well outside as long as I could drive through every couple of days.
Thanks

Laugs Tue 04-Aug-09 16:31:32

The Freeman is on the Metro (underground) line, very near Longbenton station. I'd look for accommodation in Jesmond or Gosforth, as both are nearby. Jesmond is probably better as it's a short walk/ drive to the city centre, and has lots of its own places to eat out, parks etc. Maybe this one? - can't find a tarrif though.

Having said that, anywhere on the metro line is easily acessible. You could look at the coast - Tynemouth or Whitley Bay - which would be a 15/20 min drive or metro ride away from the hospital. In the city centre, family of mine have stayed at premier apartments and were very happy with it. It was fairly cheap, though it was out of season.

notwavingjustironing Tue 04-Aug-09 16:47:22

Also look for a last minute deal

here

interregnum Thu 06-Aug-09 11:45:23

Try Sandy Bay Caravan park at parkresorts. com £500 PER WEEK IN August.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now