Talk

Advanced search

best hotels in centre of Chester??

(9 Posts)
chosenone Mon 03-Aug-09 10:42:39

can anyone reccomend or warn me off?? Its just DH and I one night for our wedding anniversary, I'd like a nice room, nice bar, nice breakfast and prefer spa or swimming pool facilities. There are some good deals on Late Rooms in the Crowne Plaze and the Kings and Queens the Grosvenor still the priciest but would be nice. Anyone got any tips? thanks smile

wingandprayer Mon 03-Aug-09 10:47:12

Hoole Hall has just had millions spent on it and new swimming pool/gym opened this month. Not been but does look lovely - is a couple of miles from town centre. Grosvenor is fantastic but priceY though you right in middle of city. Grosvenor Hotel in Pulford is very well thought of for the money and has excellent spa/pool but is about 5 miles away. Green Bough in Hoole is top end b&b.

Have a look at Visit Chester & Cheshire website as I think they have latest offers.

themoon Mon 03-Aug-09 10:49:17

Ramada is ok. It is next door to the park and ride bus into the town centre.

tinierclanger Mon 03-Aug-09 10:49:21

The Mill seems pretty popular, and has a pool, and very close to city centre.

The Grosvenor is amazing (well, looks it, never stayed there!) so if you can swing a great deal might be worth the treat!

wingandprayer Mon 03-Aug-09 10:49:27

Queens hotel very nice as is the Kings but they right next to station so could be some noise and it's not the nicest area, though only 10 mins on foot from centre of city.

wingandprayer Mon 03-Aug-09 10:51:45

Mill is very three star and restaurants horrible. Is fine but functional so maybe not ideal if you wanted something a bit nice rather than just a base to explore from.

smultronstallet Mon 03-Aug-09 10:52:41

The Grosvenor is expensive but worth it - great food and spa. Rooms are lovely too.

tinierclanger Mon 03-Aug-09 10:53:26

Ah, thanks wingandprayer, that's the thing about living somewhere, you don't actually know what the hotels are like inside!

Crowne Plaza always looks quite grim to me.

chosenone Mon 03-Aug-09 10:57:34

brillant thanks looking at them all now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now