Talk

Advanced search

a week with kids in bridgewater what can i do???

(5 Posts)
sugarpear Wed 29-Jul-09 09:56:59

Im taking the kids away to donniford bay on 7th august.

I know about cheddar gorge and aquarimania???

And one day we will drive to bristol for the zoo. But what else is there that i can take kids to? Aged 3 upto 13yrs old.

Any thoughts and link very gratefully accepted!

grin

JudithCole Wed 29-Jul-09 13:35:32

You can go to Minehead, there is Butlins which you can buy day passes to go in and have a fun day or there is the west Somerset railway which starts from minehead and you can buy travel tickets to go to various stations along the route.

Judith

copycat Wed 29-Jul-09 16:25:25

Hi sugarpear, I have copied these ideas for you from the Tripadvisor Somerset forum but I have no personal experience of any of the suggestions. Hope they are helpful anyway.

"The Haynes International Motor Museum at Sparkford isn't far away and Diggerland is at J28 of the M5. West Somerset Railway from Bishops Lydeard just outside Taunton. Fleet Airarm Museum at Yeovilton. Longleat Safari Park near Warminster. In Bristol you have the SS Great Britain, the oldest iron steam ship in the world. There is also the Banksy exibition at the City Museum, and the city zoo."

Dophus Wed 29-Jul-09 16:27:15

wookey hole
western super mare
loads in bristol

sugarpear Wed 29-Jul-09 22:08:36

many thanks to all of you.

Going to look into longleat safari park.

The fleet air museum my ds's will love.

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now