Talk

Advanced search

A night or two in Pembrokeshire in August - any recommendations please?

(7 Posts)
iheartdusty Fri 24-Jul-09 22:00:29

We (me, DH, and DCs aged 5 and 7) have Youth Hostel room booked at Manorbier for a few days and will visit family at Llanelli before that. However, they are off on hols themselves so we want to get out of their hair. That leaves us with one or two nights to spend somewhere between Llanelli and Manorbier.

I was thinking maybe a farmhouse/guesthouse? Chickens to feed, ponies to stroke...Inland or coast is fine. We are vegetarian, so must be veggie-friendly. Self catering fine but not usually easy for 1/2 nights.

camping is possible - we are heading for the Green man festival at end of week - but I'd like to look at accommodation options first.

also any recommendations for vegetarian food/cafes in that part of Wales please!

iheartdusty Fri 24-Jul-09 22:43:11

also any tips for visiting Laugharne, it looks fab.
is Carmarthen worth a day or half-day trip?

fabhead Mon 27-Jul-09 18:43:55

We always stay in Solva near St Davids but in a weekly cottage so probably no good - there is a cafe in St Davids called The Bench which had plenty of veggie options for me including fry up.

iheartdusty Tue 28-Jul-09 16:34:43

thank fabhead, I'll look out for it if we head that way.

Toots Wed 29-Jul-09 08:06:35

Carmarthen has a lot of shops but Tenby better for a day trip.

Northernwitch Tue 04-Aug-09 21:17:18

try here - I've not stayed but heard good report!
http://www.hendderwen.co.uk/index2.htm#

iheartdusty Mon 10-Aug-09 20:41:57

thanks toots and northernwitch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now