Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone heard long range weather forecast ? Going to Cornwall next fri 30th ?

(13 Posts)
shamefulx Wed 22-Jul-09 12:01:33

I so dont want it too rain for 2 weeks again like last year !
Metcheck goes up to thurs after we there and already saying rain every bl*y day.
We going 1st 2 weeks in August -someone please tell me they are an expert and we will need factor 50 !

shamefulx Wed 22-Jul-09 13:06:10

x

melmog Wed 22-Jul-09 13:29:14

Yes, please someone say that. We're going the second week in August and I want to pack only vest tops and skirts!

quidnunc Wed 22-Jul-09 13:29:34

the nearest thing to long range that I know about is the 10 day forecast at www.weather.co.uk. More than 10 days comes at quite a price...

HTH!

melmog Wed 22-Jul-09 13:29:36

Where in Cornwall Shameful?

threetinytots Wed 22-Jul-09 21:02:35

Beautiful in Cornwall today, not that it helps in any way. It's lovely here even when it's pouring with rain.

Melmog, you might want to pack a raincoat with your vest tops and skirts grin

shamefulx Wed 22-Jul-09 21:41:20

We going to St Ives xxxxxxxxxx

alison56 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:49:50

we are also going to St Ives second week in August.

Am praying for sun. We've bought a sun tent for the beach, FFS!!

melmog Mon 27-Jul-09 06:41:23

I'm thinking positive. Going to polzeath same time as you Alison. Got factor 50 for the dcs, a sun tent and a new bikini. It WILL be hot!

serinBrightside Mon 27-Jul-09 23:52:59

The second week in August is forecast to be the hottest week ever, in the history of England. Can't believe that you haven't read this, has been all over the press.

Whooo Hooo

St. Ives also has it's own micro-climate that means if you are bogged down on a soggy campsite anywhere else, all you have to do is drive over to St. Ives and you are sorted.

Sadly after last years wash out we have decided to go to Norfolk this year sad.

Don't miss hand feeding the seals off the harbour wall Shameful and Alison56.

alison56 Tue 28-Jul-09 20:11:58

I've never seen the seals! Do they come at a certain time??

AnyFucker Tue 28-Jul-09 20:14:37

where have you read that serin ?

and which week do you mean ?

JRocks Tue 28-Jul-09 20:16:25

It's tipping it down regularly here, and forecast to be that way for the week.. I don't live that far from St Ives, so can't say that I've noticed them having different weather to the rest of us, but having said that, down near Porthcurno is often warmer and sunnier.

We're about due for some more sun, hope you're in luck, have a great time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now