Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Tunbridge Wells!

(11 Posts)
MissisBoot Wed 15-Jul-09 21:15:42

What's it like?

We're off to Brighton for a party and need a hotel but can't find a room for one night so I thought it would be nice to stay somewhere else - have a had a look on the map and tunbridge wells seems to be about an hour a way - which is doable after a night out for us...so what's it like and are there nice things to do on a sunday?

Will just be me and dh so we don't need child friendly things to do!

Thanks

abroadandmisunderstood Wed 15-Jul-09 21:19:58

Woah, Brighton is quite a way from T Wells. I was born and brought up in the 'poor cousin' Tonbridge. T wells is lovely. Do visit the Pantiles area - it is glorious to window shop and tootle about if the sun is shining.

DH used to visit me in the summer Uni breaks and we would always hang out in T Wells. He adores the place and it is especially romantic for us.

CMOTdibbler Wed 15-Jul-09 21:21:57

The Hotel du Vin is v v nice. I loved the Pantiles.

Lewes would be closer though

MissisBoot Wed 15-Jul-09 21:25:03

Is it more than an hour away?

Thought about Lewes - is that nice?

CMOTdibbler Wed 15-Jul-09 21:42:11

I used to live in East Grinstead, and that was a good 45-50 minutes from Brighton. It's not a very good road either, so you'd be driving on country roads late at night. Lewes would be 15-20, and is v pretty

gingernutlover Thu 16-Jul-09 19:22:09

agree with brighton being quite a drive from tunbridge wells and vice versa - it's not an awful journey but I'm not sure I would choose Twells over brighton for a day out LOL

I live in T wells and it is nice, calverley ppark at the bottom of town is nice for a ssunday stroll and has lovely cafe too. Or dDunorlan Park nice and very popular.Shopping centre is nice and so is pantiles - good for cream teas!

gingernutlover Thu 16-Jul-09 19:24:19

oh also, what about a room in nearby hove? They might do one nighters?

Brighton is a fantastic day out if the weather is good, entertainment on promenade, pier, hippy lanes, jewellery lanes etc etc oh and brighton maina is nice too with restaurants where you can look out on the boats

eandh Thu 16-Jul-09 19:24:55

yep brighton to tunbridge wells def more than an hour, I live in Maidstone which is about 30mins from T Wells and DH said Brighton is about 1hr 30 for us! Although t.wells is a very nice place (pil paid for us to see a show and booked a hotel there for overnight weekend for us the weekend before I was due back to work after maternity leave with dd1!)

mad4myboys Thu 16-Jul-09 19:27:41

why not stay in brighton?? Brighton is nice to spend the day after! You have the beach and pier, the marina is gorgeous, good shopping center and the lanes are nice to have a nose around too

mad4myboys Thu 16-Jul-09 19:28:33

oops sorry just read couldnt get 1 night room. have you tried the travel lodge there? they do 1 night stays

MissisBoot Sat 18-Jul-09 14:27:56

didn't know about the travel lodge - will check it out - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now