Talk

Advanced search

Toddler-friendly places in York?

(12 Posts)
diddleymum Fri 03-Jul-09 13:37:03

I?m going to York for a long weekend with DH, DS and in-laws. Can anyone recommend good things to do in York with a 15-month old? Eg baby-friendly cafes & restaurants, playparks in the centre of town, other activities to keep us all amused??

purepurple Sat 04-Jul-09 09:13:07

Betty's cafe tea rooms

dontdillydally Mon 06-Jul-09 22:15:51

Railway museum is good for all ages and lots of areas to run around when we went in April they had a little funfair. Also the road train goes from the Minister to here and my ds loved it.

We ate at Slug and Lettuce and Pitcher and Piano - kids allowed till 7pm.

We stayed at the Premier Inn and there was a pub next to it called the Doormouse - again was very nice and friendly

EmilyD Tue 07-Jul-09 13:29:32

There is creepie crawlies adventure playsite

review here www.childfriendly.net/view/place/905

Rainbow ceramic cafe where babies can put footprints on plates etc. review here www.childfriendly.net/view/place/1127

hope you have lots of fun. When your little one is a bit older the railway museum is a lot of fun and they have a lot of kids things on there.

Kayzr Thu 09-Jul-09 07:30:31

Betty's is ok only if your DS doesn't make noise. I went there and spent the entire time feeling uncomfortable because my DS1 was talking a bit loud.

Northernlurker Thu 09-Jul-09 08:05:38

Kayzr - I think you were being over sensitive - or went at a time when they were very quiet! Bettys is very child friendly and is usually so busy that anything short of a full tantrum isn't noticeable! Don't let that experience put you off going back smile I've taken my children frequently and always felt quite happy (and full)

Kayzr Thu 09-Jul-09 08:09:16

No not being over sensitive. 4 groups of people moved as they didn't want to be near noisy children.

Northernlurker Thu 09-Jul-09 20:26:57

Well if there was room for four tables to move then it definately wasn't busy If yor're back in York give it another go, honestly you usually have a plesant hum of noise plus a piano that makes a child talking totally unobtrusive. grin

Kayzr Fri 10-Jul-09 07:12:44

It was very very busy!! Got to York all the time and would rather go to a nice quiet little place.

diddleymum Mon 13-Jul-09 13:51:53

Thanks everyone! DS definitely not quiet, will check the noise levels in Betty's before we go in I think!

smileyhappymummy Fri 17-Jul-09 17:42:59

Bettys is fantastic. Have been going with my little girl since she was 10 weeks old (not a quiet baby or toddler, 2 yrs old now) and always been fine. also they have a good children's menu, are nice to children and provide highchair toys, colouring stuff, baby wipes etc.
I love it!

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Fri 17-Jul-09 17:43:41

we went to creepy crawlies - it was good fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now