Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

closest beach to Balham by car?

(13 Posts)
ladymoo Wed 01-Jul-09 13:25:11

would it be brighton? Would prefer a sandy beach really - does anyone know of one not too far a drive away???

Wheelybug Wed 01-Jul-09 13:26:04

Brighton would prob be closest but not sandy.

Bramshott Wed 01-Jul-09 13:29:12

Nothing in Sussex is sandy really. You want West Wittering or Camber Sands. Hayling Island?

ladymoo Wed 01-Jul-09 13:35:42

thanks bramshott will rac route plan right now! if too far we may just stick with brighton - gonna be fun for ds whatever really...wheelybug do you know it well? any reccommendations for 20 mo??

giantkatestacks Wed 01-Jul-09 13:38:53

ugh at being in the car for any length of time - go to the lido instead...wink

PestoMonster Wed 01-Jul-09 13:39:39

Come down here to Brighton. 'Tis scorching hot today. There is a paddling pool on the seafront near the West Pier if you fancy it, also Peter Pan's playground half-way between the Marina and the Palace Pier. Also, you could drive westwards along the seafront to Hove Lagoon where there is another lovely large paddling pool and playground and also windsurfing lake. Pay & display parking close by.

Feel free to ask questions smile

PestoMonster Wed 01-Jul-09 13:43:44

Oh well, if you want a lido, then turn left when you get to Brighton and head to

Saltdean Lido

There is a nice park behind it too and you can cross the road by underground tunnel and you are right on the beach.

Wheelybug Wed 01-Jul-09 13:46:06

There you go - pesto knows it better than me I think. Its my home town but I don't live there anymore, just visit my parents. In fact, didn't live too far from the lido - 'twas very very cold. There is a lovely cafe on the beach by it.

PestoMonster Wed 01-Jul-09 13:47:36

It's a great place to be, for sure. Just wish I didn't have to be sitting here all day waiting for roofers to turn up... Grrrr!!

Wheelybug Wed 01-Jul-09 13:49:10

I wanna move back - sob.

PestoMonster Wed 01-Jul-09 13:50:28

Oh Wheely sad

ladymoo Wed 01-Jul-09 13:56:38

thanks guys that's absolutely brilliant - Brighton it is!!

PestoMonster Wed 01-Jul-09 14:00:25

You're welcome LadyMoo, any more questions/ideas, feel free to ask smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now