Talk

Advanced search

does anyone live/been on hol in dartmouth? recommendations with toddler & baby?

(4 Posts)
mad4myboys Tue 30-Jun-09 10:11:43

dh has agreed to a hol in aug/sep for us and ds1 whos 3 and ds2 whos 7 months. Ideally i wanted to go to Looe as spent amazing holidays there as a kid but dartmouth from what ive seen on tele (that chef bloke!) seems lovely. Firstly (sorry if crap question) but does it have what i call 'shell shops' like looe? You know harbours, small shops you can buy lovely shells from?

Also any great places to stay with the ds's?

Want to make it a fab holiday as had bad year so far!

nuttysquirrel Fri 03-Jul-09 22:24:54

Hello

Grew up a few miles away from Dartmouth, its a nice town, not really beachy, if you know what I mean. Not sure what you mean about the shell shops?

Anyhow, have you thought about Salcombe a few miles away, and fab beaches opposite the town, access via short ferry ride.

www.westcountryviews.co.uk/towns/salcombe/salcombe28.htm

www.kingsbridge.info/hhebeaches.html

www.salcombeinformation.co.uk/default.asp

Anyhow hope you find something you like

LottieDugalo Sat 04-Jul-09 21:50:08

Dartmouth is lovely but it's not a seaside town, no shell shops...there are lots of clothes and knick knack shops but quite expensive. Lots of lovely beaches, Blackpool sands, Torcross and Bantham, quite a few nice days out nearby...steam train, Woodlands, Pennywell, Paignton zoo, Living Coasts. I've never been to Looe but Dartmouth is quite different to the Cornish towns I have been to, hth.

mad4myboys Sun 05-Jul-09 19:37:37

hmm ok, anywhere you can recommed to stay ideal for littlies abit nearer to looe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now