Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Cambridge?

(9 Posts)
luckywinner Mon 29-Jun-09 20:53:26

Title says it all! Dh and I are staying in Cambridge for one night without dc!! I would really like to stay in a nice hotel. Hotel du Vin is booked but I have no idea where else to look. Can anyone recommend anywhere

TIA

Lilymaid Mon 29-Jun-09 22:17:02

Hotel Felix is supposed to be good but is up Huntingdon Road and rather out of town. What used to be the Garden Court Hotel down by the river has been rebranded as the Doubletree Hilton and has quite good reviews on Tripadvisor. These are the only real competitors with Hotel du Vin.

BoffinMum Mon 29-Jun-09 22:36:39

Garden House is lovely - pool with a glass roof, really lovely bar, views of the river, decent restaurant, bang in the centre, all newly decorated.

Lilymaid Tue 30-Jun-09 11:41:26

Sorry - I meant Garden House - now called Doubletree Hilton - (Garden Court something entirely different).

Ruthiebabes Tue 30-Jun-09 14:01:09

I agree with the Garden House which is now Doubletree Hilton. We had a two night stay last year and it was lovely. A great location as in the centre and is on the river. Food was great and leisure facilites good.

luckywinner Tue 30-Jun-09 14:31:44

It looks really nice but the only room they have available is £400!

Does anyone know of any others?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

sponkle Tue 30-Jun-09 15:06:42

I'd recommend the Felix. We got married there. Good rates and the penthouse suite is lovely. There is a spa in town you can use which is affiliated to the hotel. Not too far out of town for a short taxi ride, and in house restaurant is very good. Small and very quiet hotel. In my mind just the job for a night without the children! Wherever you end up, I hope you have a splendid time, you lucky thing!

DadInsteadofMum Wed 01-Jul-09 11:58:35

Crowne Plaza is good and more central than the Felix.

EmilyD Tue 07-Jul-09 13:23:29

what about the Royal Cambridge Hotel or University arms hotel which overlooks parkers piece

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now