Talk

Advanced search

Days out near Bodmin with a 2 year old please

(8 Posts)
elvislives Sat 27-Jun-09 16:04:44

We are going to Cornwall in a week's time.

Apart from the Eden Project can anyone recommend places to go not too far from Bodmin that would be suitable for our 2 yo please.

Lilymaid Sat 27-Jun-09 17:03:40

My DSs loved the Lappa Valley Railway when that age. Train rides and other activites - plenty for that age group. It is near Newquay but easily accessible from Bodmin. Or hire bikes and go along the Camel Valley cycle trail. Big trains at Bodmin Steam Railway. We took ours to places like Lanhydrock and the Lost Gardens of Heligan when not wanting to go to one of the fabulous beaches nearby.

Heated Sat 27-Jun-09 17:07:49

miniature pony centre, is in the region but since we travel here, there and everywhere, not precisely sure how close it is. Ds wanted to take home the miniature pigs.

Heated Sat 27-Jun-09 17:09:11

actually now I think about it, might be more Devon - sorry!

castlesintheair Sat 27-Jun-09 17:30:35

This is lovely otter sanctuary North Cornwall though. This place too Adventure Park not been only know about it. And this donkey sanctuary and this farm could be anywhere though. And this tortoise sanctuary. You can tell I like my animal sanctuaries. I'd head to the coast (Padstow side). If you head north, there are some beautiful beaches such as Trebarwith and Crackington Haven. Have fun.

CMOTdibbler Sat 27-Jun-09 19:40:54

Ds really enjoyed driving to Rock, playing on the beach, and then getting the foot ferry across to Padstow for lunch

ExtraFancy Sat 27-Jun-09 20:21:50

My 22mo DS had a fab time at Lost Gardens of Heligan near Mevagissey - lots of green space to run around, chickens, ducks, lots of places to eat a picnic.

elvislives Sat 27-Jun-09 23:04:10

Thanks for all these suggestions. I wouldn't have thought of most of them.

castles your 2nd link doesn't work. Should it be Crealy? (just googled adventure park cornwall)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now