Talk

Advanced search

need a shady?NO SUN escape for a toddler with burns

(4 Posts)
vannah Fri 26-Jun-09 21:51:48

Can anyone please suggest where on earth I might go? Im going mad here. About a month ago my dd aged 1.5 was in a horrible burns accident, (boiling water) which affected her face, neck, chest and arms. Have been told by the consultants that we have to be extra careful about the sun this year and next, her skin will heal in a few years but could be permanently damaged (colour) if she catches any sun meanwhile.

Hence Im petrified of emerging from our flat, especially as it is early days. However its a first floor flat in London and this stuffy weather is driving my daughter and son (3) mad being cooped indoors.

Ive looked up 'lodges' in forests/ but from images Ive seen they are only partly surrounded by trees. Lots of sunny spots.

Anywhere in UK (or abroad not too far) we cn go where there will be mostly indoor activities and a lot of shade? centreparcs any good? expensive?
thought about butlins, but once read on mumsnet that it can be dirty/unhygenic so cant take any risks and need to keep her well.

thanks,

Lilyloo Fri 26-Jun-09 21:56:37

Vannah given your current stressful house situation am sure a holiday would be good for you.
I cannot say that butlins is more unhygenic than centre parcs hmm
You could always thoroughly clean your accomodation when you arrive.
Centre parcs is expensive compared to butlins.
Would look more ik or maybe Holland / North France / Gremany etc
What about a mobile home there. We recently stayed with Thompsons in mobile home in Northern France. Was lovely , very clean etc

SoupDragon Fri 26-Jun-09 21:59:19

Won't a sun block, loose long sleeved clothing and a floppy hat do the job??

vannah Fri 26-Jun-09 22:16:55

thanks both. Lilyloo, was it shady there?

soupdragon, sunblock/UV tops and floppy hat all have been purchased but have been advised to keep 'out of sun' ie no long periods outdoors in the sun...even with protection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now