Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Nefyn in Wales please

(5 Posts)
wiggletastic Wed 24-Jun-09 19:18:18

We are going for a week in July with 9 month DD and the GPs. Looks lovely on the website but looking for tips on places to visit, eat out and generally things to do (especially if it rains!). Thanks. smile

tiredemma Wed 24-Jun-09 19:20:19

Its where 'Duffy' is from.

moondog Wed 24-Jun-09 19:23:33

Just up the road from me.Lovely place, loads of nice beaches around there.

I'd also drop into Portmeirion,and into Porthmadog itself for a train trip and an ice cream. Good little old fashioned crazy golf in the park. Maybe take a trip to Bardsey Island (Ynys Enlli)

Abersoch is flashy but nice-shops and restaurants.

There is a lovely pub on the next beach along, called Morfa Nefyn.

Just up the road you have Nant Gwrtheyrn in Llithfaen, which is a residentail language centre in an old abandoned village. Go down to the visitor centre (drive is amazing) and go to the beach-you'll have it all to yourself.

Trip to Caernarfon maybe to see the castle and have a fish & chip supper in the Floating Restaurant on the dock.Good indoor play centre there in an old church if you need something for a rainy day.

Have fun. smile

wiggletastic Wed 24-Jun-09 20:00:23

Thanks very much, we are really looking forward to going. I haven't been on a UK beach holiday since I was a lass (and that was a long time ago) so will be reliving my youth!

moondog Wed 24-Jun-09 22:39:04

Nothing beats a good old fashioned British seaside holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now