Talk

Advanced search

Slough - Other than Legoland, what can we do with a 4 yr old?

(15 Posts)
dontdillydally Fri 19-Jun-09 08:56:12

Need to fill a day in Slough done Legoland last week so wondering what else we can do in and around the area - it will be a Sunday

Housemum Fri 19-Jun-09 10:46:41

i would try odds farm park, about 10 mins notrh of slough. details at oddsfarm.co.uk whilst i haven't been myself i know many parents with kids of similar age to yours who have had a great time

geordieminx Fri 19-Jun-09 11:49:08

Windsor?

moonshine Fri 19-Jun-09 11:56:47

Bekonscot model village is only a few miles away - good for younger children.

Windsor castle or Windsor leisure centre (good swimming pool with slides etc)?

Hobnobfanatic Fri 19-Jun-09 12:12:32

Burnham Beeches is nice for a stroll, coffee and ball games

There's a softplay in slough, too - Snakes and Ladders - or the icerink in Slough (though might be too young for it?)

I agree that Odds Farm is lovely - ideal for a 4 yo.

Redwood Tue 23-Jun-09 20:30:07

Bracknell discovery centre is excellent and not too far. And Bockets farm is excellent and thats near Leatherhead.

Soups Wed 24-Jun-09 16:04:09

Odds farm for a 4 year old

ChopsTheDuck Wed 24-Jun-09 16:09:57

odds farm is lovely, bocketts farm is a bit far. Snakes and Ladders is rather grubby and tatty imho, but well equipped.

Park http://www.thamesvalleyguide.co.uk/to_do/days_out/black_park.htm is lovely, lake to walk around and lovely woodland playground, plus an open area for ball games/kit flying.

Windosor has the pleasure grounds - a few funfair rides, crazy golf, space for picnics, stroll along the river. At the end is a great icecream parlour which also sells bread for the ducks.

There is also coral reef at bracknell. It is easilky possible to dot he look out and coral reef in a day, they are opposite each other.

ChopsTheDuck Wed 24-Jun-09 16:11:24

black park sorry!

GBR Wed 24-Jun-09 16:15:06

There's also the Windsor Wheel (like London Eye but smaller) down by the river, that's good for 20 mins or so. Take the train from Slough to Windsor, do the wheel, feed the ducks, could hire a little boat for a go on the river (but they are quite expensive); ice-cream a must!! When you come off the train from Slough, you're in a really lovely conversion of the old train station, can have lunch there in one of the cafes.

fabhead Thu 25-Jun-09 09:45:06

second bracknell for teh Lookout and Coral Reef. Lookout in particular is a nice day out - lovely walks (can hire bikes), nice cafe and play area, discovery centre with Science Museum type things to play on (if you have a Merlin pass from legoland you get discount). I haven't been to Coral Reef across the road for ages but it is supposed to be very good. There is also an ice skaiting rink in Bracknell where we took our 4y old the other week and he loved it.

dietqueen Thu 25-Jun-09 10:38:48

Is Bracknell far fropm Slough as this place sounds lovely and we can drive straight there with a picnic.

God we did the Windsor Eye the other month and made me soooo ill, it was rocking about and instead of 4 turns we did 5 - they gave us an extra turn !!!

fabhead Thu 25-Jun-09 10:42:09

Bracknell itself is nothing special - lots of roundabouts, high st shops, the usual. But the Lookout is very nice and lots for children to do at the various activities. Not sure about public transport but to drive from Slough takes about 20/30 mins I think.

GBR Fri 26-Jun-09 10:35:16

Not far, probably easiest to hop on the M4 - here's their website, should be directions on there www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/leisure/leis-leisure-sports-centres/leis-the-look-out-discovery-centre.h tm

Have fun!

ChopsTheDuck Fri 26-Jun-09 14:16:47

its quicker to come through ascot rather than m4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now